Understanding facebook ads
Facebook currently has over 1.5 billion users and is the largest social networking platform. Not only do people share pictures of their cats, favorite children, and food, but they also share valuable information that can be used to help target them by local business owners.
Local businesses who are looking to target their ideal customers with a more indepth feel than Google Adwords and only offer very specific people who hit very specific qualifications potential deals, Facebook provides the most detailed targeting options.
When we are creating a Facebook Ad Campaign for a client, we always make sure to focus on the ideal customer, as the biggest benefit to Facebook is the ability to be so specific with the targeting.Here are some questions we use during the discovery phase, and don’t worry, we’ve worked in enough industries to have some of these questions already answered for you:
- Who is my ideal client?
- Are they male, female, both?
- Are they married?
- Do they have children?
- What age range is most likely to purchase or has purchased this service or product in the past?
- What location or demographic area do I want to target?
- Do they live within a specific mile of my location?
- Do they travel within my location during the day?
- What is their annual income range? Can they afford your product or service?This may seem like a lot of information, but the more focused and clear the targeting is, the more likely you will have your Facebook Ad deliver results.
Why facebook ads work
- The targeting. You can target down to as specific as you want, and for local businesses easily target people within a certain geographical area of your business, who you want as customers, or who have bought from you in the past.
- The tracking. You can easily promote coupons and offers through Facebook Lead Forms, or a third party software. This is huge because it allows you to offer deals to new customers only, or market to people who have already bought from you in the past.
- The cost. You can start small, and still see results. We suggest a minimum of $20.00/day budget for ad spend, but we have seen clients see results with $5.00/day budgets.